Loan Processor

Monday, December 30, 2013

Additional Post 5: Mentorship

I just finished mentoring over the weekend and finished another 10 hours. I did 5 hours Saturday December 28th and then another 5 on Sunday December 29th. My mentor first started me off easy by shredding loans processed of 2009-2010. I'm beginning to shred 2010 because it is required by law to dispose of any loans processed that are older than 3 years old. This is just to ensure the safety of the applicants and to be sure that any information on the documents may have to be updated. Afterwards Mariana, my mentor, went over another loan process, but instead she let me take over a little bit more. She was "watching me like a hawk" because any mistake I would make she would correct me right away. It was the most intense 3 hours of my life besides SAT's. I did the same thing that Sunday as well, but just finished the loan paperwork. I am not legally able to show anything of the applicant, so my Mentor let me show hers with her discretion. Her private information is blacked out.



No comments:

Post a Comment