Loan Processor

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a) “I, David Lara, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component

1.) Pandeloglou, M, Pelettier, R 2009, Communication in the workplace, DEEWR, Canberra.
2.) Stiglitz, Joseph E. "Interpreting the Causes of the Great Recession of 2008."Financial System and Macroeconomic Resilience: Revisited. Bank for International Settlements (2010).
3.) Pitrelli, Nico, Federica Manzoli, and Barbara Montolli. "Science in advertising: uses and consumptions in the Italian press." Public Understanding of science15.2 (2006): 207-220.
4.) Gordon, Jason, and Rosanne L. Hartman. "Affinity-seeking strategies and open communication in peer workplace relationships." Atlantic Journal of Communication 17.3 (2009): 115-125.
5.) Carter, Sara, et al. "Gender, entrepreneurship, and bank lending: the criteria and processes used by bank loan officers in assessing applications."Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 31.3 (2007): 427-444.
6.) Ivashina, Victoria, and David Scharfstein. "Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008." Journal of Financial economics 97.3 (2010): 319-338.
7.) Broadbent, David F., et al. "Method and apparatus for a mortgage loan management system." U.S. Patent No. 6,985,886. 10 Jan. 2006.
8.) Tashman, Heather M. "Subprime Lending Industry: An Industry in Crisis."Banking LJ 124 (2007): 407.
9.) Mendling, Jan. Detection and prediction of errors in EPC business process models. Diss. Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, 2007. 
10.) Iossa, Elisabetta, and Giuliana Palumbo. "Over-optimism and lender liability in the consumer credit market." Oxford Economic Papers 62.2 (2010): 374-394.

(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvWMHldBwtI5dEoxUWVUcWJmSWlSVnB6V0hJeDVNUEE&usp=sharing

(d) Explanation of what you completed.   

INTERPRETIVE
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
APPLIED













 For my independent component I used 10 additional pieces of research as well as mentor-ship as evidence for my 30 hours of work. My answers 2 and 3 came based of the interviews, mentor-ship, and experiences I had working with Mrs. Maria Paez.
My research consists of resources backing up my answers 2 and 3 that Maria helped me with. I took 30 hours from my mentor-ship and put it as my independent component 2. During mentor-ship Maria had me organize clients information, clock in some data into their lending software, and update clients information. I was able to see how everything was processed in the office, but not allowed to take photos or share any information due to privacy issues. Throughout the course of mentoring she gave me great advice and encouraged me to see the potential I can be as a loan officer. I am blessed because Mrs. Paez has had the experience of being a mentor with students from other high schools and  is able to show me every aspect from management to the process itself.

How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.

My answers 2 and 3 (communication and advertising) came during the first couple of weeks of mentorship. Mrs. Paez gave me the whole break down of how her team of processors and other loan officers get the job done for their clients. One major incentive she uses that is successful drawing in clients is advertising," every day that goes past a week of when the loan is being put together, Home Funding Corp. pays you 100$". I was astonished at first because coming from a previous loan, that is not easy at all. Maria knew that as well, so that is why she has her team do different stages of the loan so its all split up evenly and can be quickly approved for the clients. That's how my answer, communication, was founded.
My answer 3, advertising, was finalized when Maria explained her 100$ payment each day and my 4th interview she had showed me different methods Home Funding Corp. chooses to advertise their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment